Kobe Convention Center, Hyogo, Japan
29 July – 1 August 2020
Travel Awards will be offered to enthusiastic leading non-Japanese investigators traveling from abroad to present high quality papers at the meeting. Applications of young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows are especially encouraged. The funding for travel will be between 40,000-150,000 JPY per award depending on the travel distance. The awardees will also be exempt from the registration fee of the meeting.
Here’s some more information regarding the Travel Award and Neuroscience2020:
- Neuroscience2020, under the theme of “Theories of the Brain”, provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
- English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
- The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and providing a financial assistance program to cover the travel costs.
- The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
- The Meeting will be held at Kobe Convention Center: http://kobe-cc.jp/english/index.html
- Travel awardees will receive a partial support for traveling expenses between 40,000-150,000 JPY per award depending on the travel distance and a free accommodation in Kobe for 4 nights (from July 29th, a single room in a budget hotel).
- The meeting registration and banquet fees are waived.
- Travel Award candidates are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers, a get-together party to be held on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Travel Award candidates are also invited to a reception during the Annual Meeting.
- Awardees will receive the award cash at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 28 (check-in) to August 1 (check-out; totally 4 nights) will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- “The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers” is a mandatory event.
This meeting will be held on July 28, 2020 around 17 o’clock. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the near airport to the venue.
- Candidates who do not attend the Annual Meeting and do not make a presentation will have their award revoked.
Travel Award Application: https://neuroscience2020.jnss.org/en/travel_award.html